Thursday, March 27, 2008

Power of Sleep

Efficiency. Productivity. Result-driven. Positive reinforcement. Intensity. These are hardly the words that first come to mind when thinking of sleep. For those of you that know me well, you'd argue that I'm a goal-driven person. I live by planning and setting up a path to reach standards. And I've been accused of burning the candle at both ends.

I am still battling the last stages (hopefully) of a common cold this week. I have had to force myself to stay inside and lounge around....especially hard when faced with some of the beautiful weather. But I know it's been for the best.

Also, some of our new functional fitness friends have finished their first 12 weeks of a beginner's program. After getting their butts kicked for those 3 months, they took a much needed rest period of a few days. After their returns, all have said the rest was wonderful. Their first performances since the break have been great...increased intensities, decreased times, and powerful movements.

For some of you, getting your ass off the couch has been the struggle. For some of us, merely avoiding exercise is the trouble!!

No comments: