Monday, May 9, 2011

EXERCISE OF THE WEEK: Bar-Facing Burpees





This was a new one for me - BAR-FACING BURPEES. When I saw the name of the movement in a workout, I had to Google it for a video. The first thing I thought was "Why does it matter which way I point my body?" Then I found out why!

Here are some of the demonstrations I found. The top one is obviously faster, but requires a higher degree of fitness. The bottom video looks more like my performance ;)

This is another example of creating a near-foolproof way to prevent CHEATING on form or range of motion. Half-Squaters use medicine balls to gauge depth. Pullup cheats now have to contend with Chest-to-Bars (C2B). Hanging-Knee-to-Elbow frauds now have Toes-to-Bar (T2B). Burpee half-assers now have Bar-Facing Burpees!


1 comment:

Tim said...

The chest to bar pulls were the worst...

Missed so many reps by not making contact but still used all that energy and time. Damnit! =)