Sunday, November 9, 2008

100 Day Burpee Challenge: Day 101

Five-thousand-fifty burpees! To think this all started on August 1st with one burpee. And now it's over.

Some of you are probably saying, "Whew! We don't have to listen to Lou talk about the damn burpees anymore." Or "Um, you didn't really have to tell me every day how many burpees you did before shift." Now it's gonna be more like, "Hey it's over. Quit talking about it."

I am tired. My legs are fatigued. All the jumping has given my knees what any 3 months straight of high-impact training would. I suffered from "burpees on the brain" throughout the whole season...plagued with squeezing them in even on busy days. My two-a-days are done (PWO and Burpee Challenge going on simultaneously). Only one WO per day now! And best of all, I get an actual day of rest today....haven't seen one of those since JULY!

Thanks to Ann M for organizing this challenge. Here is the link to her page. She did a great job getting everyone together online for this. Let's never do it again. By the way, she did her last 100 in only 6:51. Friggen awesome. Puts my 16:08 to shame! To put it another way, on average, she did approx 1 burpee each 4 seconds for 7 minutes. I did a pace of 1 burpee each 10 seconds for 16 minutes.

But seriously, if you didn't do it this time around, consider starting now. It was a great experience, and I never regret committing to it. Do 1 burpee today, 2 tomorrow, 3 the next day.....I think you get the idea.

1 comment:

Louis Hayes said...

http://magdziasz.com/wordpress/?p=154

for Ann M's blog post.