Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another functional fitness testimonial

"Tough Noodles" is a long-distance runner from Oregon.  She's been a faithful follower of the Prison Workout. Now she's about to start the kettlebelling portion of the PWO.  She's been posting on her blog about how she's already seen the benefit of functional fitness training. I pressed her to explain, as I love hearing personal stories about positive things going on in others' lives. Here is her response: 

Louis Hayes has asked me this: "Just curious: what "benefits" have you experienced? as I'm sure it hasn't been long-distance running benefits..."

It's true Louis, the benefits have not necessarily been in long-distance running benefits, at least not directly. In fact, when I run after a crossfit workout my legs feel fatigued. But, that doesn't mean it isn't good for running!

I've been a runner since I was 13 or so...a few breaks taken for pregnancies (6), and I'm 44 now. Typically, a "workout" for me, over the years, has consisted mostly of --well, running.


Click here for the entire post! It's motivating to say the least.

No comments: