Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Date with Ralph

I've been relatively quiet lately. I just returned from a work conference, and got sick as a dog.  

My date with Ralph:  Yesterday, I got sick. Really sick.  I had a great dynamic stretching WO in the morning, then a couple of hours later got totally wiped out by what I can only believe to be the flu.  I forced sleeping and hydration on myself, as well as eating (none of which I really wanted to do).  Knowing I must stay hydrated, I keep up with 7up/Sprite and OJ as frequently as possible. And now it's about 30 hours after the sickness entered, and I'm back to about 90%.

I haven't been this sick in probably more than 5 years.  I've been blessed with a super strong immunity, whether by the lone grace of God, or coupled with my somewhat healthy diet and lifestyle.  My point (or question) is this:  Do my healthy lifestyle choices have a direct correlation with my vast infrequency of sickness? or is this a genetic thing? or both?

Regardless, yesterday and this morning I was completely debilitated. Tonight I'm ready to take on the world again. Funny how this illness left just as quickly as it arrived. Maybe this was my body's way of telling me to take a few days off...

I'm listening this time.

No comments: