Monday, February 2, 2009

Exercise of the Week: Filthy Fifty

Tom G and I did the Filthy Fifty this afternoon.  I slept in (which to me is waking after 4am) after a long weekend. I needed all the rack time I got.  The Filthy Fifty (video) is 50 reps each of:
  • 24" box jumps
  • Jumping pullups
  • KB swings (35#)
  • Walking lunges (25 ea)
  • Hanging Knees to Elbows
  • Push press (45#)
  • Back extensions
  • Wall ball (20#)
  • Burpees
  • Jumprope double-unders
  • Score is total time. 
  • Must complete each element before moving on (no partitioning). 
It's done in a similar fashion to the "300," but maybe this can be called the "500" ;)

Based on available equipment, we used an 18" box, 55#KB, and I substituted 200 single-unders for the DUs.  (Note to self: Work on DUs!)

4 comments:

Louis Hayes said...

In all my excitement this afternoon, I recklessly omitted the fact that the "Filthy Fifty" is a CrossFit brand workout. They deserve all the credit for structuring such a kick-ass test for us.

Anonymous said...

Come on man, you are leaving us hanging on your score:)

Louis Hayes said...

Tom M: 44:41. Not RXed.

Anonymous said...

Well done my brother