The Trinity Training Group blog was spontaneously conceived one sleepless night: February 18th, 2008. What began as sort of a joke, quickly turned into an open forum to advertise for a charity event and memorial for a local soldier killed in action. After a variety of posts, and much to my surprise, I received some positive feedback as well as some requests to address some fitness trends.
Here are a few of the highlights from the past year:
- Hosted inaugural "MURPH for Miller," and planning the same in 2009
- Stair climbs, swimming, adventure racing, half-marathoning, and SWAT competitions
- A few Sloppy Hogs (my race team) got CrossFit Level 1 trainer certificates
- Completed the 100 Day Burpee Challenge (thanks to Ann M)
- Published 181 posts (Yes, including this one.)
- Posted the 7-week Prison Workout
- Posted the 26-workout Prison Workout 2
- Cultivated big interest with Swallow Cliff Forest Preserve group WOs
- Since March 25th, 2008, TTG blog has had 31,000 pageviews and 5,800 unique visitors (those statistics are from Google Analytics)
- During this year, 12 of the 13 Illinois CrossFit gyms opened. Some even moved into bigger spaces within the same year!
- Just got word today the CrossFit Journal will be publishing an article of ours.
- Made lots of friends.
It's been real busy. I could not be happier with how the first year has unfolded. The ride for the past 12 months has been great. Without the readers of the blog sharing their enthusiasm, we would have never stayed motivated to continue with the posting. Feel free to share your memories of the last year with Trinity Training Group. Positive feedback energizes us!