Monday, April 27, 2009

New Equipment - Tires

I've been talking up a big game about truck and/or tractor tires lately. The delivery was made this morning just before 6am. And the first official workout was completed 30 minutes after that.

This photo really doesn't do justice to how huge these Yokohama Y-524 loader tires are. They are over 20" wide, and up to my chin in diameter.  The man who dropped them off first weighed his empty truck, then with them in the bed...for a change of 1000 pounds. Based on the accuracy of his scale, they're each within the 495-505# range.  I checked the manufacturer's specs on these and learned their new weight is 753#.  Thank goodness for wear!!

Joe and I first did flips of 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, and 1.  (I'd do 1, then he'd do 1. I'd do 2, then he'd do 2. etc) Then we did 3 rounds of alternating running 1/5th mile and flipping.  I got sets of 9, 8, and 8 while he ran.    So I finished with about 50 flips this morning with what it took to get them off the truck, in position to workout, some practice, and then put away.  I quickly learned how important not only proper form is, but also a durable shirt! A tough BDU blouse is probably in order, as well as tough gloves. My ignorance allowed me to try barehanded with a sleeveless t-shirt. I bruised and scraped my biceps from shoulders to elbows before refining some technique.

You'll be seeing more of these monsters.

No comments: