Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NEW CATEGORY: Do It Yourself Gear


Pennies on the dollar.....

We're beginning a new category of posts called "Do-It-Yourself" Gear (or "DIY" for short).

There are quite a few pieces of fitness equipment that can be made at home for a fraction of what you'd pay at a store. I went back and re-labeled some of our posts that fit into this DIY category and found a couple...most helpful were the two on sandbag construction.

I already have a few pieces of equipment that I'll be posting as DIY. For starters, we'll be doing a set of gymnastics parallettes and a TRX Suspension system. In the meantime, if you have instructions, designs, or ideas for other items, please send them to me along with either video or photos.

Photo: I outta the blue spraypainted a few of our KBs one afternoon. I kept getting them mixed-up with everyone else's during group workout sessions. Now everyone know ours are the ones that look like they belong in a circus!


No comments: