Monday, June 23, 2008

Date with Ralph

It's ironic that just last night I was talking to Worm about Feel Good Workouts. Worm is a new disciple in a functional fitness program. We got together tonight for a couple rounds of 65# thrusters, inverted rows, dips, and rowing. I been bugging him for a while to drop the curls and bench press routine. I think he's in for the long haul.

And just as I was finishing, Ralph showed up. It wasn't like he just barged in the front door....oh No. It was as if I heard his distinguished loud muffler as he pulled into the driveway. I had plenty of time to scoot out the back door and confront Ralph outside....where he belongs!

I liked the combination of exercise movements: alternating pushing and pulling tasks. The actual numbers were: 5 rounds of 15 thrusters, 10 inverted rows (bar), 5 dips, and 500M row. What made it a great workout was not the fact I barfed. Much like sweat, barf is a poor indicator of work. What barf is a great indicator for is the recency of eating too much Chinese food before a WO!

No comments: