Saturday, November 1, 2008

Prison Workout - Week 4


Here are the daily WOs for Week 4. I decided to add a couple movements to each day, instead of the couplets or triplets in the past.  This might increase the amount the rest between any one particular muscle group THAT DAY, but also increases the frequency for that body part THAT WEEK. The air squats are light, but the core will be toast.  Also, if you are anxious over the increase in dive bombers, you can thank Roger and Matt for that suggestion! 

Froggy: Day 23 is for you. You didn't think I'd actually leave out the AGUs, did you?
Tough Noodles and Nick: Day 26's pullups are just for you! 


Day 22
Monday, Nov 3rd
20 minutes of: As many rounds as possible (AMRAP):
  • 3 pullups (or 6 inverted rows, or ignore)
  • 6 dive bombers
  • 9 situps
  • 12 air squats
Day 23
Tuesday, Nov 4th
5 total rounds AFAP with varying repetition #s, alternating btwn:
  • air getups (R): 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
  • air getups (L): 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
  • mountain climbers: 10 each round
  • jackknives: 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
(ex: 2 aguR, 2 aguL, 10mc, 10jk, 4/4/10/8, 6/6/10/6, etc)

Day 24
Wednesday, Nov 5th
20 minutes of AMRAP:
  • side plank (L): 10-sec hold
  • side plank (R): 10-sec hold
  • 10 diamond pushups
  • 4 squat jumps
Day 25
Thursday, Nov 6th

Rest.

Day 26
Friday, Nov 7th
20 mins of AMRAP:
  • plank: 30-sec hold
  • superman: 10-sec hold
  • 8 pullups (or 16 inverted rows, or ignore)
  • 4 dive bombers
Day 27
Saturday Nov 8th

100 burpees. 
For studs: AFAP
For beginners: Just do them, even if it takes all day.
This is my final day of the 100 Day Burpee Challenge!

Day 28
Sunday, Nov 9th

Relax!

5 comments:

Louis Hayes said...

Oh, yeah...I know my blog postings print like crap, so if you are printing out the week's WOs, send me an email so I can get you my Excel spreadsheet! Each week prints well on a single sheet of 8x11 paper.

Anonymous said...

Lou found a way to ruin a perfectly good Saturday.....100 burpees.

Thanks.

Lori said...

Okay Louis-- only one day left! I'm sad about it.
Suggestions where I should go from here? I will begin adding more running back into my schedule soon, but I don't want to lose my momentum on this stuff.

Louis Hayes said...

Well, I'm glad you asked. I am considering putting up a list of other bodyweight only exercises that were developed by Eva Twardokens (Olympic skier): http://hc2board.8.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
A lot include running.

Also been requested to add WOs that add a kettlebell or dumbbell(s).

Another group around here is going to do all the 30 days over again to compare their performances (times and # of rounds).

What do you think?

Lori said...

I have to say that for whatever reason my body has really responded well to the bodyweight only exercises. I suspect it is because of the consistency I've had over this past month.

I own kettlebells and dumbbells but I've never had as much obvious success with those. (I certainly am open to adding those into workouts though.)

I did keep track of my rounds and times so I could make comparisons later. But I also wouldn't mind trying some new stuff before re-starting the 30 days WO's again.

I don't have a problem motivating myself to workout, but I think I've exposed the fact that I was in need of a little "coaching" Having the workout spelled out for me was the key to a lot of progress!! (thanks!)