Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Warrior's Creed

One Warrior's Creed comes to us from friend Randy Watt of the Ogden Utah Police Department. For those of you who don't know Randy, he's a real warrior....committed, professional, intense, driven. I came across his creed today, after having it sitting close by for two years.

If today is to be THE DAY, so be it.

If you seek to do battle with me this day

you will receive the best that I am capable of giving.

It may not be enough, but it will be everything that

I have to give and it will be impressive for I

Have constantly prepared myself for this day.

I have trained, drilled, and rehearsed my actions

So that I might have the best chance of defeating you.

I have kept myself in peak physical condition,

schooled myself in the martial skills and have

become proficient in the application of combat tactics.

You may defeat me, but you will pay a severe price

and will be lucky to escape with your life.

You may kill me, but I am willing to die if necessary.

I do not fear Death, for I have been close enough to it

on enough occasions that it no longer concerns me.

But I do fear the loss of my Honor and would rather die

fighting than to have said that I was without Courage.

So I WILL FIGHT YOU,

no matter how insurmountable it may seem,

and to the death if need be,

in order that it may never be said of me

that I was not a Warrior.



No comments: