With most of the polls/surveys I post, there are multiple choice answers. This is different. It requires you post your own three picks.
- If you were only allowed to do three exercise movements for the rest of your life, what would those three exercises be?
The question is simple, but it is not easy. I want to you spend some time pondering your answers. Over the past evening, I have changed my answers several times.
To help you, here are some issues I'd like you to consider: The movements...
- will be the only ones you can do for the rest of your life, so pick ones that will test as much as much as possible - most bang for your buck.
- can include as much or as little equipment requirements as possible.
- can be done with as much or as little weight as you'd like/can.
- can be scaled for stamina, strength, skill, speed, or power.
- are probably multi-joint/planar.
- should include as many of the Seven Primary Human Movement Patterns as possible.
- can include a combo lift such as "thrusters" (front squat-push press) but NOT a "complex" (such as a barbell complex that includes deadlift, power cleans, front squats, push jerks, etc). Be reasonable.
I will be posting my Big Three when there are ten responses to comments below.